Friday, September 3, 2010

Welcome to Wahoo

I'm starting this blog to share with everyone the things I love about Nebraska. So I guess I'll start with my home town, Wahoo!

This fictional book titled after Wahoo Nebraska was written a few years ago, my friend stumbled upon it at Barnes & Noble and gave me her copy when she was done. Now I gift a copy to anyone who makes a trip to Wahoo from far away. It's a very silly teen read that's very loosely based on Wahoo (I'm pretty sure the authors are not from around here and I'm not even convinced they came here to check it out;). It's about a bratty high school girl from a big city who gets sent to Wahoo under some kind of witness protection program. I would say the only accurate account was their landing at the Omaha airport and their drive on the highway through many cornfields to get here......

No comments:

Post a Comment